Alfalfa or meditago sativum is one of the most nutritious herbs that we have. Also called Lucerne, is naturally high in many essential vitamins and minerals, including A, D, E, K, and even the full family of B vitamins; biotin, calcium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium and many others, as well as being very high in protein, especially when dried. This is why we use it in our Nutrimix Power Blend http://driedherbsonline.com//nutrimix-power-blend/
The word alfalfa is derived from Arabic, specifically the phrase al-fac-facah, which literally means "Father of all foods" because it is so rich in essential nutrients.
The roots grow so deep looking for nutrients that it gives you an indication of how rich your soils are. If you plant has short root system them you have healthy soils.
This herb is a great does of vitamins and minerals and has been used as fodder through out history.
It is a tonic to all parts of the body. This herb is the ariel parts.
Traditional uses are:
- Detoxes the urinary tract
- Purifies the blood and liver
- Has a strong alkaline effect on the body
- Promotes bowel movement regularity and healthy hydration
- Eases general digestive problems
- Contains high levels of enzymes for food digestion and assimilation
- Lowers bad cholesterol, and reduces incidence of atherosclerotic plaque
- Supports healthy blood sugar levels, especially when taken with manganese
- Supports the pituitary gland
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Healing herbs and heavenly teas users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.