The Chinese name given to this herb, dangshen, indicates that it was deemed a ginseng-like plant.
It is a major tonic for nourishing the vitality.
Modern research found that it contains a variety of sugars, phenols, volatile oil, baicalein glucosinolates, saponins and trace alkaloids, which can enhance immunity, dilate blood vessels, lower blood pressure, improve microcirculation, enhance hematopoietic function, and so on. In addition, it also improves the leukopenia induced by chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
It is used for:
It regulates gastrointestinal motility, fight against ulcer, and enhance immunity;
2. It affects both excitatory and inhibitory neural processes;
3. Saponins of Codonopsis excite the respiratory center;
4. It lowers the animal blood pressure temporarily but raises the blood pressure on rabbits that are in late hemorrhagic shock;
5. It significantly increases rabbits’ blood sugar. And rise of serum glucose level is related to the sugar contained;
6. It increases animal erythrocytes, hemoglobin, and reticulocytes;
7. It also delays aging, and fights anoxia and radiation.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Healing herbs and heavenly teas users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.