Linseed is also known as flax seeds. They are grown in two colours brown and gold.
Linseed contains minerals such as zinc, iron, phosphorus, calcium, potassium, sodium, chlorine, and sulphur along with traces of silicon, copper, iodine, chromium, nickel, and magnesium. Also rich in protein fiber and mucilage, linseed is a popular addition to baked dishes such as cakes and breads. The presence of oleic acid, stearic acid, linoleic and alpha linoleic acids add to its nutritional value and health benefits.
The essential fatty acids in linseed are the main reason for its healing properties. The body requires essential fatty acids to function properly and protecting cells from damage. The omega-3 fatty acids found in linseed also help prevent heart disease and stroke.
Linseed and linseed oil benefits include:
- Linseed oil reduces recovery time of tired and sore muscles
- It can help treat sprains and other injuries and also helps to heal bruises
- Regular consumption of linseed oil aids weight loss by increasing the body's metabolic rate
- Adding linseed to your daily diet can improve the absorption of calcium and the functioning of insulin
- Prevents liver damage and disease
- After a year of use, linseed oil can increase hair growth and stop Alopecia Areata
- Linseed is good for treating skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, or dry, flaky skin
- Reduces high blood pressure
- Can treat depression
- Relieves symptoms of Pre-Menstrual Syndrome
- Reduces inflammation associated with lupus, gout, and arthritis
- Controls constipation and other digestive disorders due to its high fiber content
- Improves hair quality
- Prevents certain types of cancers
- Slows down the aging process
- Improves sperm quality and can be used to treat male infertility
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Healing herbs and heavenly teas users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.