Thuja is a great cancer preventative as well as helping to get rid the body of lumps and bumps.
It is used to clean the skin, in cases of lung disorders and conditions such as bronchitis.
It can be used topically for skin sores, cold sores and skin infections. As an external application Thuja produces at first a sensation of smarting or tingling when applied to open sores or wounds and it is usually best to dilute it with one, two or four parts of water, or to combine the non-alcoholic extract with an ointment base in the above proportion.
Thuja is promoted as a treatment for many medical conditions, including cancer. Some proponents claim that thuja decreases the toxic effects of chemotheapy and radiation therapy.
It has traditionally been used for:
- Treating coughs and other respiratory ailments
- As a diuretic
- As an astringent, to "purify the blood," reduce inflamation and cleanse the body of toxins
- Sometimes together with antibiotics to treat bacterial skin infections and herpes sores; antibacterial
- As an emmenagogue – to regulate (increase or decrease) menstrual flow
- To control internal bleeding (hemorrhages)
- Rarely, to induce abortions in the early stage of pregnancy
- As an antipyretic – to reduce fevers
- As an antitussive – to reduce coughing
- As an expectorant – to clear phlegm by inducing coughing
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Healing herbs and heavenly teas users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.